Thursday, October 18, 2012

April 5, 2005

It is a special day today.  I got to hold you for the very first time!  It was only for about a minute and I didn't get to snuggle you close, but they actually put you in my arms.  You are 3 days away from being 2 months old and this is a moment I have been waiting for a long time.  It's hard to feel like a mom right now.  I don't get to do any of the things that a new mom should be doing.  I don't get to comfort you, be with you, hold you, feed you or even hear you cry.  The only thing I can do for you is pump my breast milk and that is what I will do for you.  I hope you can at least feel my love when I am here.  I hope you know my voice and my touch. I dream of the day you will be home every day.  I know you will get better Shelby.  You are my miracle. 

You are 2lbs 9 oz today.  The Dr's hope that you will be off the ventilator by your due date.  I wish it could be sooner!  Your lungs are so damaged though.  They are deciding on whether or not to do another surgery and remove the dead vein in your arm.  I hope not.  You are a beautiful baby and you know what you want.  You had your eyes open for a while today.  You now eat 17cc of breast milk every 3 hours.  I love you Shelby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment