Tuesday, October 16, 2012

February 6th 2005

(Excerpt from my journal.) Here I am in the hospital.  I was working the night shift on Tuesday February 1st.  Jana and I were messing around and taking our blood pressures and mine was so high.  It was 180/110.  I couldn't believe it.  I called my mom and she told me to go over to Labor and Delivery.  They admitted me and gave me a shot of betamethazone to develop her lungs.  In the morning they moved me over to W4 and that is where I have been ever since.  My blood pressures have been ok since I have been on bedrest so that is good.  I have to stay in bed all day except for when I have to go to the bathroom.  My family has already been so wonderful and supportive.  They say I will be here until I deliver.  That is a scary thought since I am only 24 weeks.  At first they didn't think I would make it a couple days so every day that this beautiful baby stays inside of me is a miracle.  The fluids around the baby are low too so that is kind of scary.  So far so good though.  I will do whatever I can to help this little baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment